The week of August 8-14 was very busy for us. First of all, it was finals week for Jordan so he was busy with that. Then, Jordan's brother, Jared, graduated from BYU! Congrats! So we spent a lot of time with Jordan's family as they were here to celebrate.
On Saturday, the 14, Jordan had his big bicycle race of the summer! It was the Ultimate Challenge, which is also a stage in the Tour de Utah race. The Ultimate Challenge is just under 100 miles. The race goes from Park city, down to the Alpine loop, over Suncrest mountain, and then up Little Cottonwood Canyon, ending at snowbird, the ski resort. It was quite a feat, and Jordan did so well!
The same day, and actually same time, I had my baby shower! A lot of family and friends came, and we played games and had delicious foods and desserts. It was so much fun! Also, from the gifts, Jordan and I were able to buy the crib that we had been wanting! We ordered it and set it up the next weekend!
The week of August 16-20 was education week at BYU. I volunteered there, and was thus able to attend all the classes I wanted to. I helped to host the folk dancing classes. It was fun to watch the youth and adults dance together. I also was very lucky to attend many uplifting and enlightening classes. I feel spiritually rejuvenated.
August 22, was our first year anniversary! We celebrated for the whole weekend. Jordan made delicious German Pancakes for breakfast.... so good! Then we went to the temple together ( we want to make this a tradition). Then that afternoon, we drove up to Park City with Jordan's brothers, to watch a phase of the Tour de Utah bicycle race. It was fun to see the pros. We also got to walk around Park City and go to different booths. Afterwards, we went and flew kites! It was so much fun, and I felt like a little child again!
That evening, Jordan and I went to Tucanos. It was so good! I had never been there before, and so Jordan was excited to take me! It was really good, and I can't wait until we will be able to go again!
Jordan has been out of school these past two weeks and so we tried to do some fun things together with his time off. We have had several friends over for dinner, and have gone to several friends for games and dinner. We have done a couple puzzles together and have gotten everything we can think of together for the coming of our baby boy!
One day, we went miniature golfing at Trafalga! It was really hot outside, but it was really fun! We hadn't been mini golfing together in a very long time!
Well, the month of August blew right past us and Jordan has started school again. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little boy, whom we are so excited to meet!
Jordan and Cherstin,
ReplyDeleteWe can hardly wait for the "big event". We're glad you had a fun month and soon the "icing" on the cake when the little guy arrives!!!
See you soon and love you tons,
Mom and Dad Morris