The Morris Family

The Morris Family
Jordan, Cherstin, William

Sunday, January 30, 2011

End of the School Year



J Mo here! Jumping back a couple of months I just thought it might be nice to post something or two. So I finished out the school year with my first 4.0, even though I was definitely not taking a full load. It was nice to end on a happy note. I also was accepted as a full time "degree seeking student" as BYU kept telling
me. We are excited to be staying here in Provo for the next couple of years. The weekend before we left for the holidays we went up to Temple Square in Salt Lake to look at the christmas lights. We went with our good friends the Tossey’s. We had a wonderful time and William just loved seeing all the lights.



































After I took my last final we went to my home in Fruita for a week. It was so nice to take a break, well sort of. I shadowed my old dentist for a few days. It was great to get a pretty good idea of what I'm getting myself into. It was so fun to spend time with Mom and Dad and just relax a little. Kassie Also had her baby this week so we went with Mom and Dad to my native land, New Mexico where we spent some time seeing the new baby, Kassie's family, and Gran. It was nice to see my old town and my sister.


The Sunday before Christmas we left from NewMexico with Mom and Dad back to Fruita and then on to Longmonte where Cherstin's family was gathering. It was a nice long trip to Longmonte. It took just just over 12 hours to do the full journey. It woudn't have taken as long, but from Copper to Eisenhower Tunnel it took just over two hours which usually only takes around 20 minutes. It had picked up snowing pretty good and there was just a lot of traffic. Poor little William had a pretty tough time. When Cherstin and I switched places half way up to the tunnel William was just having a hard time. It was like he was looking at me with those big sad eyes saying "Daddy why am I strapped in, don't you want to play with me?". It was pretty sad, but thankfully we got to our destination.


It was really neat to be at Cherstin's home. All of her family were there and ready to have a good time. It had been awhile since everyone had been together so it was pretty fun. On Monday we went for a sleigh ride in the Rocky Mountains. William really liked it and we wrapped him up in his full body winter

outfit. He had fun until Daddy put him in the snow.









We also got this a fun picture in front of this window in the lodge.


Over the next few days we had a wonderful time playing games, sitting in the hot tub, eating food, swimming, and just enjoying ourselves with all of Cherstin's family.


















Just before Christmas we drove back to my house in Fruita where we stayed through the New Year. It was William's first christmas. Unfortunately both William and Cherstin were sick on Christmas day, but everything worked out well and we all had a wonderful day. Here are some pictures of our day. My favorite gift to Cherstin was a necklace holder. Before getting her her necklace I went through all her necklaces and found them all over, some in plastic bags and some in drawers.
This is us shooting my new 22. My old one 22 after a decade was suffering a little, so I sold it at a pawn shop and with Dads help was able to get this new one. It was fun to shoot. Over Christmas we also went hiking on the monument, clay pigeon shooting, mountain biking, and more good eating. It was so fun to have all my family together.


















I just wanted to say that life is so much better with family in it. We had such fun holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment