The Morris Family

The Morris Family
Jordan, Cherstin, William

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Progression

Last night we had a Progressive Dinner with our ward.  For those of you who do not know, a progressive dinner is one where a group of about 3 couples, go to one house for an appetizer.  Then we all split up and go to a new house for dinner with a new group of 3 couples.  Then we split up and go to a new house for dessert, with 3 new couples. It was really fun!  Its a great way to meet new people in the ward, which there are always a lot of, in student wards.

It got me thinking, though, about Progression.  What is our path of progression?  Do we have one?  What should it be?  In our Relief Society lesson this past week, we talked about Elder Oaks alk on 'Desire' from the past General Conference.  It was incredible. The lesson was about us figuring out what our real and righteous desires are, and that we need to change our actions in order to follow that desire.

Lately I have had a desire to have a more happy, holy home, so I put this lesson to work.  I have been making a very conscious effort to focus on my desire, or my goal. Then whenever there was an opportunity to get upset over something, I would chose not to get upset, but rather be happy and positive and kind.  At first I felt weird, and even Jordan would look at me, waiting for me to react.  But then it became more natural for me to think about the bigger picture and what I truly desired, before saying anything.  It has definitely made our home a more loving and holy place.

What desires do you have?

Also, William has been progressing  in walking!  we are so excited for him!  He cruises everywhere with his little walker.  Here is a video of him walking.  Followed by some pictures of him.





We sure love our little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment