I am not sure if most of you know, but NASA's space shuttle program is ending, after 30 years. I think it is a sad thing. I know that most of the controversy over this is that the program costs a lot of money, and we don't get anything in return. But to that I say, we get a lot in return! Maybe not monetary values, but in other regards: knowledge, information, experience, exploration in one of the last frontiers. I think the program was really expensive and something needs to be figured out for that. Maybe something has. NASA has not given up, they are trying new ways to explore space, beyond the scope of the shuttle. So I guess it is a bittersweet goodbye to the space shuttle program. Yes, it will be the end of one form of exploration of space, but it is the beginning of other, new methods of exploration. Not to mention the private sector that will hopefully step in, to explore space.
PS Good Luck Atlantis, return home safely.
No comments:
Post a Comment