The Morris Family

The Morris Family
Jordan, Cherstin, William

Friday, October 3, 2014

The World's most expensive Quarter

So... William swallowed a quarter. On Sept.29th, He was playing with coins, he put a quarter in his mouth, and tripped. Then he came running to me, saying he swallowed a coin. I kinda saw it happen, so i believed him. I got a bunch of coins and asked him to point to the one he swallowed. He pointed to the quarter!!! gah!!!  I talked to several nurses/doctors, and they all said he would just pass it, and not to worry. Several days later, William was complaining of pain when eating. I took him to the doctors, then to get an x-ray. We drove home, everyone said its probably nothing. I get a call from the doctor a couple hours later saying that he needed to go the hospital to get it removed, that it was stuck up high in his esophagus. So we went to the hospital, Unfortunately since he had eaten a bite of bread for lunch, we had to wait until the next day, so we watched a TON of movies and waited for morning. Jordan and I took turns going home with Evelyn. 
Thy took the quarter our in surgery, just with a scope, nothing invasive. He was great sport about the whole thing, but boy was he sick of that Hospital! Surgery was October 3, 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment